Narula HSSE Policy (Health Safety Security Environment)
NARULA focuses on health, safety, security and environment in all its activities. Our HSSE Policy outlines the boundaries for what is acceptable and unacceptable practice in our business conduct. Health, Safety, Security and the Environment are among the company’s primary values and we are totally committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all our employees and the protection of the environment. Our main objective in this sphere is to provide a healthy and productive environment free from incident, injury or illness. When the cause is controlled, the damage can be prevented.
Good HSSE performance and the health, safety and security of everyone who works for us are critical to the success of our business. We have fair treatment policy for all people irrespective of their nationality or religion. We provide a safe and healthy work environment which includes air conditioned offices, ergonomic furniture and equipment. Our people work 48 hours per week.
Employees working on NARULA’s premises generally do not require special safety equipment. Work accidents that may take place in our office are likely to mirror those that may occur at home, as the office contains mostly basic office equipment. Therefore, the likelihood of serious work accidents is relatively small. However, employees are made aware that stress injuries caused by incorrect posture, lifting practices and use of equipment can cause serious long term damage.
Narula HSSE Strategies
Narula’s goals will be achieved and sustained through HSSE routines, including :
- Dedicated to achieving (a) No incidents or accidents (b) No personal injury (c) No damage to the environment.
- Comply fully with all legal requirements and meet or exceed these expectations where we operate as we believe that all accidents are preventable.
- Provide a secure working environment by protecting ourselves, our assets, and our operations against risk of injury, loss or damage from criminal or hostile acts.
- Make sure that all our employees are well informed, well trained, engaged and committed to the HSSE improvement process. We recognise that safe operations depend on an active HSSE culture, and that no activity is so important that it cannot be done safely.
- Actively participate in paper recycling program. We have saved large number of trees by reducing consumption and re-using paper. We encourage sending e-documents wherever possible.
- Reduce absence due to sickness by encouraging employees to keep in shape and maintain a healthy work environment. Employees are encouraged to improve their health and wellbeing thru a number of initiatives.
- Maintain public confidence in the integrity of our operations. We will consult with people outside the company to improve our understanding of external and internal HSSE issues associated with our operations
- Expect that all parties working on our behalf recognise that they can impact our operations and reputation, and must operate to our standards.
- Creating a sense of well-being and job satisfaction among employees
- Promoting employees’ intellectual and social development (including subject-related development within their field)
- Seeking out and eliminating poor working conditions
- Providing necessary information, education, training and retraining to employees on occupational health, safety and environmental conservation wherever required.
- Avoiding or minimizing any kind of adverse effect on the environment due to operations or any other activity of the organization.
- Integrating occupational health, safety and environmental conservation in all decisions and activities and supporting any employee, contractor or visitor who stops an operation if that is found to be detrimental to HSSE.